A message to our eAccess Customers
At Investors Bank the health and safety of our customers and employees always comes first. We closely monitor information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) along with the guidance from our state and local officials and respond accordingly. Throughout our organization we have implemented measures such as social distancing and remote working arrangements to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will keep you informed on what we are doing to meet your banking needs in these challenging times.
Online and mobile banking
You can access your accounts remotely, 24/7 via online and mobile banking. You can manage your money quickly, easily and securely from home or wherever is most convenient for you.
Just a reminder, you may download our Mobile App from the Apple Store
or Google Play
and/or access our online banking service at investorseaccess.com
Our Client Care Center
The NICE Team at our Client Care Center will be operating with reduced hours to ensure the safety of our team members and their families while continuing to respond to your calls. There has been an increase in calls and we appreciate your patience as we attend to each and every customer:
- 8:00AM to 7:00PM weekdays
- 8:00AM to 6:00PM Saturdays & Sundays
Contact the NICE Team at 855.422.6548
Beware of Scammers
Scammers often take advantage of natural disasters and other major events in order to fraudulently obtain access to your accounts or other personal information. Below are some tips to help protect you from fraud and keep your personal information safe.
- Investors Bank will never call you to request information you received via text (SMS)
- Don’t provide your account number or personal information by email or text
- Don’t trust caller ID. Caller ID may be spoofed to show the call is coming from Investors Bank
- Don’t feel pressured to provide information immediately in response to requests via text, email or phone. Reach out to Investors Bank at 855.422.6548 to confirm that the request is legitimate.
- Don’t give information over the phone if you receive a call stating that a transaction is canceled, even if the caller claims to be from Investors Bank. Once again, contact Investors Bank at 855.422.6548 to inquire about the transaction.
- Don’t click on links in unsolicited emails or texts
- Don’t give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer
Scammers may falsely advertise access to testing or other resources or may ask that you to donate to victims. They may offer you advice on unproven treatments or disguise malicious email attachments as legitimate-looking communications. Here are a few tips from the FTC to help keep you safe from scammers:
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t already know
- Watch out for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations (a vaccine for COVID-19 has not yet been developed)
- Do your homework first, make sure you’re donating to the correct charitable organization and not a scammer
- Be skeptical of “investment opportunities” or other financially related propositions relating to COVID-19
For more information, read the FTC article - Coronavirus: Scammers Follow the Headlines